THE ORDINARY LACTIC ACID 10 %
A powerful exfoliator that works to reveal smoother skin!
WHAT IT IS: Lactic Acid 10% + HA is an alpha hydroxy acid solution that provides effective surface exfoliation. It is assisted with a high-purity Tasmanian pepper berry extract, which has been proven to minimize irritation and sensitivity that can be affiliated with acid use. This water-based serum is ideal for individuals with dry skin. The pH of this formula is approximately 3.8. Lactic Acid has a pKa of 3.8 and pKa is among the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance of salt and acidity, maximizing acid effectiveness while minimizing irritation.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply once a day, preferably in the evening.
- The formula can be diluted with other products to reduce strength until the skin develops tolerance.
- Avoid using on sensitive, peeling, or compromised skin.
- Avoid eye contact and eye contour.
- The product's contact with the skin must be limited in frequency and duration.
- If irritation occurs, rinse thoroughly, discontinue use, and consult a physician.
- Only use as directed on undamaged skin.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Patch testing is recommended before use.
- Keep out of children's reach.
- This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), which may enhance your skin's sensitivity to daylight, such as the possibility of sunburn.
- Wear protective attire and use suncream while using this product and for a week afterward.
TARGETS: Uneven Skin Tone, Textural Irregularities, Dullness