THE ORDINARY LACTIC ACID 5% + HA
A fairly mild exfoliator that appears to work to reveal smoother skin!
WHAT IT IS: Lactic Acid 5% + HA is a mild alpha hydroxy acid product that provides gentle yet efficient surface exfoliation. It is backed up by purified Tasmanian pepper berry extract, which has been shown to reduce irritation and sensitivity caused by acid use. This water-based serum is ideal for individuals with dry or sensitive skin. The pH of this formula is approximately 3.8. Lactic Acid has a pKa of 3.8 and pKa is the most essential factor to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance of salt and acidity, maximizing acid effectiveness while minimizing irritation.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply once a day, preferably in the evening.
- The formula can be diluted with other products to reduce strength until skin develops tolerance.
- Have caution if you have sensitive, peeling, or compromised skin.
- Avoid eye contact and the eye contour.
- The product's contact with the skin must be limited in frequency and duration.
- If irritation occurs, rinse thoroughly, discontinue use, and consult a physician.
- Only use as directed on undamaged skin.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Patch testing is recommended before use.
- Keep out of children's reach
- This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), which may enhance your skin's sensitivity to the daylight, such as the possibility of sunburn.
- Wear protective attire and use sunblock while using this product and for a week afterwards.
TARGETS: Uneven Skin Tone, Textural Irregularities, Dullness
SUITED FOR: Dry Skin